Sunday, December 5, 2010

Only October oh my


Oh my, where has the time gone. I honestly don't know how the last two months passed without my noticing. I'm embarrassed to admit, but I didn't finish my October piece until today, with November and December still to go in the next 3 weeks or so. My only excuse is that I was chairing our beadmaker's guilld annual show and sale, which was two weeks ago.
I'm not worried about finishing the year, and our holiday preparations are pretty minimal these days, now that our son is an adult. So I'll have time to finish and plan for next year. I've got lots of new ideas, and am looking forward to another year.
This month's found oibjects were 2 little propellers my husband Charlie had bought for a model ship he planned to builld, and may still. I love the copper color and paired it with turquoise, and some great copper with verdigris finish. I really like that color combination. The design arose from the propellers, and imagining how the water might flow. Thanks for looking and enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Love the colors.

beadbabe49 said...

Well worth waiting for!

Cyndi L said...

You don't need an excuse Margaret! It's beautiful, just like the rest of your pieces :-)

Carol Creech said...

Love the colors, too! And the propellers - very cool. Great piece!
Carol

Robbie said...

Very nice piece!! Love the flow of your beading.

Robbie said...

Margaret, did you work at Dr. Kerr's in Franklin back in the 60's? I keep meaning to ask you!