Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Merry Month of May

I have finally finished May...and am about to start on June, so things aren't completely out of control yet. This piece was inspired by a piece of drift wood from my friend and fellow glass bead maker, Denise Billups Walker. The colors are all blue, and it looks more sparkly in real life. The wood was sawed in half by my husband, who seems to have a hand in most of these pieces.

I think this is the piece so far this year that I like the most. I like the repitition of the curves and the flipped symmetry of the design. The driftwood naturaly suggested a wave design, and I think I captured that. I figure if I just keep working at back-stitch, someday I'll be good at it!

June will be maroon with a small charm from Cindi Brunell. Better get back to work!

9 comments:

Carol Creech said...

Very cool! I love the driftwood and how you beaded out around the contour. Wonderful work!

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty! I love the colors, and driftwood is always special.

Cyndi L said...

I just love how you incorporated the driftwood...beautiful!

Robbie said...

Love it!!! So clever!

Penny said...

Its beautiful - love the driftwood. I know exactly what you mean about the backstitch. It is used to much and is my least favorite stitch.

anita said...

How striking! I love the driftwood, and your choice of colors.

robin michelle said...

Beautiful! Your colors work so well with the driftwood.

Marty S said...

Oh, nice! I love the lines of beads echoing the driftwood.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Robin said...

Oh Margaret, you are already VERY good at backstitch. Looking at the enlarged picture, I see very even and consistent stitching! But what I love most is the drifting driftwood... drifting in a current of seed beads. Oooooh, I do love it! Clever of you and your husband to slice that piece of wood in half!
Robin A.