Sunday, September 14, 2008

BJP 2008 begins

This is my first post. The Bead Journal Project for 2008 was a welcome opportunity for me. I love the idea of journaling without words (so why the blog? lol). The upcoming year will have many personal challenges for me, family and close friends. I'm hoping the time spent letting the beads talk to me on my little 3.5 inch squares will help me sort them out and understand them. I'm about half way finished with my first piece and find the time I spend working on it very meditative.

I'm not an experienced bead embroiderer, though I am experienced with most seed bead stitches and always have several projects underway. I also make glass beads, work with PMC and wire and hope I can incorporate some unusual components as the months go by.

September's theme is leaves, since we start to notice that the leaves are changing and starting to say good-bye to us, just as we have to say good-bye to many of life's best treasures, friends, relatives, youth. The flip side is that this is also a time of beginnings. I'll see how that plays out.

No comments: